CAHP is seeking an Associate Director to develop, manage and execute on legislative and regulatory strategy. The role necessitates someone with exceptional relationship skills, a keen understanding of trade associations, and a strong work ethic. You should also be articulate and comfortable speaking publicly, liaising with health care leaders and politicians, interacting with government agencies, and working with the broader health care community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Day-to-day monitoring of Colorado legislation, regulatory developments, and rulemaking
- Read, understand, summarize, and analyze legislative and regulatory proposals
- Professionally represent industry and member positions to key officials
- Create clear, concise updates/messages to members on priority issues
- Compile, distill and communicate member feedback across a diversity of issues of importance to health plans in both commercial and public markets
- Build and maintain relationships with key legislators, regulators, and lobbyists
- Lead internal CAHP member committees
- Advance the interests of CAHP members and support the Executive Director to achieve strategic goals in the short and long term
Who you are:
- You have superior verbal and written communication skills
- You can manage multiple projects and responsibilities on tight deadlines
- You have a strong understanding of the health care system, both in the commercial and public space
- You are familiar with the payers’ role in the system and how plans operate within a complex network of federal and state regulations
- You are familiar with trade associations and/or have worked on behalf of members or clients
- You have a legal background and/or experience in policy and politics
- You thrive in a chaotic environment and are intrinsically interested in health care, public policy, and politics
CAHP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply. Please note the position is onsite in Denver, Colorado and benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, three weeks paid time off, as well as 401k match. Salary range: $60,000 – $90,000.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline for applying is January 31, 2022.