CAHP is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization with responsibility for developing and executing legislative, regulatory, and communication strategies. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works in close collaboration with the Associate Director and contract lobbyist. To be successful in this position, candidates should have prior policy/political experience (health care knowledge a plus), strong written and verbal communication skills, previous media relations experience and familiarity with association/trade association operations.
Advocacy & Government Relations
- Navigate the political dynamics of Colorado’s health care policy environment
- Manage members, diverse opinions, and approaches to agree positioning on bills/initiatives
- Cultivate relationships across the entire spectrum of health care & business stakeholders
- Interact and manage contacts with the Division of Insurance, Connect for Health Colorado, the Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing, the Governor’s office, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and the Center for Improving Value in Health Care among other state partners
- Represent the association of various boards and committees and with legislators at the Capitol
- Oversight of CAHP committees including legislative, regulatory, and Medicaid
- Coordinate lobby efforts on behalf of the association and with member plans lobbyists
Communications and Media
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization with Colorado and national media outlets
- Speak at high level events and represent the positions of the organization
- Develop and execute messaging on bills and initiatives
- Cultivate relationships with local and national reporters
- Create, develop, and publish industry content as needed to convey positions/statements to legislators, consumers, and other stakeholders in both commercial and Medicaid markets
Association Management & Operations
- Manage all administrative functions for the organization
- Lead all board of directors’ meetings and ensure proper governance of the organization
- Expand membership and member benefits for full members, associate members, partner affiliate members and affiliate members
- Ensure streamlined operations for the board and committees and timely communications of CAHP activities to members
The salary is commensurate with experience and expertise. Base salary range $130,000 – $170,000, plus 401k match, full package of benefits (health, dental, life), bonus opportunities and generous paid time off. Position is hybrid with opportunities for remote working and an office located near the Capitol in Denver.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.